Do you want to trace vehicle number with owner name and address?
Did someone hit and run and you want to find their vehicle details? Trying to catch a chain snatcher ?
Whatever may be the reason, it will always help if you can trace vehicle number with owner name and address.
Not only that vehicle details are essential for various other work such as inspection of the vehicle, collecting NOC (No Objection Certification), in case of an accident, when purchasing a used car, etc.
So in such cases, you will require the vehicle details such as the vehicle owner’s name and address, etc.
But the question is if it’s possible to find these details. We have answered it below but we request to read the whole article to find these answers.
Now you must be wondering, “how can you get the details of any vehicle?” The answer is right here; you may use the registration number to learn more about the vehicle.
Yes, you heard it right!. You can check vehicle owner name by registration number along with other required details such as an address, model, etc.
And the best thing is that there are numerous ways available online that will help track those details. And, to help you out, we already had done all the heavy lifting. We are going to share some of those helpful ways through which you can easily find the vehicle owner name and address.
So without any further ado, let’s get started…………..
In case you’re in a hurry, here is a quick summary to trace vehicle number with owner name and address:
- Track Vehicle Owner Name Through Websites
- Track Vehicle Owner Name Through Mobile Apps
- Check Vehicle Owner Details via SMS
Now it’s time to take a deep dive into the ways mentioned above in detail. Let’s begin with:
Track Vehicle Owner Name Through Websites
The very first website on our list is VAHAN. Through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, the central government has made this procedure simple by centralizing essential data such as registration details of over 29 crore vehicles in the database VAHAN.
The national registry “VAHAN” provides us with access to the vehicle details of these 29 crore database entries, making it highly helpful. If you know the plate number or registration number, you can use it to obtain the owner details of a bike, two-wheeler, or even a car.
Now, let’s have a look at the steps on “how to check the vehicle owner details using registration number?”.
- The very first step is to visit their official website. You can visit from here.
- Select the ‘Know Your Vehicle Details’ option from the top navigation tab of the website.
- Enter your registered mobile number and click “Next” if you already have an account. Otherwise, proceed to Step 5.
- Enter your password and press the “Continue” button.
- If you don’t have an account, simply click on the “Create Account” button to create a new account.
- Next, enter your mobile number and email address, then hit the “Generate OTP” button.
- An OTP will be sent to you through text message and email. Enter both OTPs into the respective fields. And press the “Verify” option.
- Enter your name and a password that includes at least one number and one unique character. To finish the procedure, click the “Save” button.
- A notification will appear informing you that your user id has been created. Now, select the “Know Your Vehicle Details” option.
- Enter the vehicle registration number along with the Captcha code. Then, select the “Vahan Search” option.
Tadaaa! That’s it, by following the steps mentioned above, you can track the details of the vehicle.
The second website for tracing the vehicle details by registration number is DriveSpark. With the help of this website, you can get information such as the City, Vehicle Registration State, and the Regional Transport Office (RTO) Address, Email, and Mobile Number.
Take a look at the process of checking the vehicle details:
- Go to the link.
- The home page will get open where you will find the “State-wise Vehicle Registration” option.
- Select the state of the vehicle which you want to search.
- Then, enter the vehicle’s registration number.
- Finally, hit the “Find” button.
The vehicle information, including the city, state, vehicle registration number, phone number, and email address, will be shown.
Track Vehicle Owner Name Through Mobile Apps
There are numerous mobile applications available online through which you can find out the details of the vehicle using its registration number.
Here, I am going to share one of the trusted government apps named “mParivahan.” This app will help to search RTO vehicle registration numbers in India.
Moreover, mParivahan gives the following details about any vehicle which is registered in India, and they are:
- Owner Name
- Make Model
- Fuel Type
- Vehicle Age
- Registration Date
- Registering Authority
- Fitness Validity
- Vehicle class
- Insurance Validity
Benefits of mParivahan App
- You can easily find any parked, theft vehicle, or accidental details by simply entering the vehicle registration number.
- You can verify your vehicle registration details.
- In addition to this, you can also check the details of used/second-hand vehicles.
- You can check the registration details and age if you are looking to buy a second-hand car.
- This app also lets you validate DL details and generate virtual DL and RC.
How to Use This mParivahan App?
- Download this app from Google Play Store.
- Then select your desired language.
- Navigate to the RC Dashboard page.
- Enter the vehicle registration number for which you wish to obtain information.
- Hit the “Search” button.
That’s it. You will now find all of the information related to the vehicle, such as the vehicle owner’s name, the vehicle class, the registering authority, and the fuel type.
Apart from this, I would also like to recommend another app called “RTO Vehicle Information.” It can be used as an alternative to mParivahan. For Android users, this app is also available on the Google Play Store.
Check Vehicle Owner Details via SMS
If you are unable to access the internet or you don’t want to check the vehicle owner details online, then don’t worry as we have a solution for you as well. You can simply send the SMS and get the vehicle owner’s details on your phone. Isn’t it amazing! It is.
Now follow the below steps to track the details of the vehicle owner via SMS:
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Type VAHAN <Space> Vehicle Registration Number
- Then send the SMS to 77382 99899
As soon as you send the SMS, the vehicle’s details will be delivered to your number shortly.
Below are the codes of the RTO for different States that can come in handy while checking vehicle owner name by registration number
- Andhra Pradesh – AP
- Arunachal Pradesh – AR
- Andaman & Nicobar – AN
- Assam – As
- Bihar – BR
- Chhattisgarh – CG
- Delhi – DL
- Diu and Daman – DD
- Dadra Nagar Haveli – DN
- Gujrat – GJ
- Goa – GA
- Himachal Pradesh – HP
- Haryana – HR
- Karnataka – KA
- Jammu & Kashmir – JK
- Jharkhand – JH
- Kerala – KL
- Lakshadweep – LD
- Mizoram – MZ
- Meghalaya – ML
- Manipur – MN
- Maharashtra – MH
- Madhya Pradesh – MP
- Odisha – OD
- Puducherry – PY
- Nagaland – NL
- Tamil Nadu – TN
- Sikkim – SK
- Punjab – PB
- Rajasthan – RJ
- Tripura – TR
- West Bengal – WB
- Uttar Pradesh – UP
- Uttrakhand – UK
Finally! Now you all know how to find the vehicle owner using the registration number.
We hope you will find this article helpful as we have tried to cover all the possible ways to trace a vehicle owner’s name by vehicle number.
Further, please keep in mind that this information is solely utilized for legal purposes. The Government of India would penalize anyone who misuses the data.
Also, if you have any questions after reading this article, you can always contact us. We are happy to help you.