Deleting Tinder Account (With and Without App) and what it means to you?
Are you someone who wants to move out of Tinder because:
- You found your one true love
- You don’t trust Tinder using your personal data
- You don’t think Tinder is the right app for you.
If your answer is “Yes” to any of the above question, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, you will come to know how you can delete tinder account from app as well as without app from Desktop.
Also you can find out what happens after you delete a Tinder account in the end of this article.
We have even answered three most asked question about TInder app at the bottom of this page.
- How you can even temporarily hide your tinder profile
- How to fix “Can’t delete my account problem”
- How to cancel your subscription & why you should do it right away.
Deleting App = Deleting Account?
One of the very false assumption of deleting app from your phone is that even your account gets deleted once you delete the app.
Well! Your account will not be deleted upon deleting your app from your phone.
Your mobile application is just one of the platform where you can use the Tinder Service. You can use it via PC and mobile app.
It’s like different ways of using the same thing and killing a way does not kill the service itself. So do not fall under the assumption that once you remove the application from your smartphone your Tinder account is deleted.
How To Delete Tinder Account Without App 2019
One of the easiest and most convenient way of deleting your Tinder account is by using the “Delete Account” option from the Tinder mobile App itself.
If you have deleted the app, just re-install the app and follow the steps below:
- Open your Tinder App
- Click on the profile icon in the top left
- Click on settings in the profile page
- At the very bottom of the settings page you will find out the button “Delete Account”. Click on the button.
- You can confirm on the next question on deleting your account by pressing “Delete”`
- You might also be prompted to choose a reason for deleting Tinder Account.
How to delete Tinder Account without App
If you have deleted your tinder app from your smartphone and realized that your account is still active, you can delete your Tinder account without even re-installing the app. All you have to do is open Tinder in your web browser in your desktop. Follow the steps below to delete your Tinder account using browser:
- Go to https://www.tinder.com/ from your browser. If you are logged in, it will automatically take you to the app page. If you are not logged in, log in using your credentials, if you have logged in with your Facebook account previously, you can do that as well. If you have not logged in using Facebook previously make sure you don’t do it now as it might create a new account for you.
- Once you are logged in and you are in your home page, Click “My Profile” on the top left corner. This will open your account settings
- Once you are in the account settings page, scroll all the way down to see the “Delete Account” button. Ta Da! You have found out the button you need.
- Click on the “Delete Account” Button. The page comes back with a confirmation question asking “Are you sure you want to delete the account?”. You can click on the “Delete Account” button once again to confirm the deletion.
What happens after deleting your Tinder Account?
All your matches, messages and associated account details will be lost once you have deleted your Tinder Account. One of the very popular question after deleting your account is “Will Tinder still have my information even after deleting the account?”.
Unfortunately the answer is YES. Tinder will retain all the information that you have given while signing up with them and may use them for advertising purposes or share it with third parties.
If you have subscribed for Tinder Plus then you might need to go to the App store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) to unsubscribe it.
Go to Tinder FAQs section to learn more about this.
If you want to access Tinder again, you will have to create new profile again by using the similar sign in options that you have done before.
How do I temporarily hide my profile?
This feature is called as Discovery on Tinder. This feature will help you temporarily disable your profile.
But, the great thing about this app is even if you have hide your profile you can still see other matches however your profile will be disable.
It will even allows you to chat and message your matches.
To turn Discovery ON or OFF, tap the profile icon at the top of the main screen > Settings > Discovery.
There is one thing we didn’t mention above that even after you’ve turned Discovery off, you can get the matches.
Well! The users you have liked before will get the opportunity to see your profile and like you back. So, there are chances you might get new matches even after that.
Popular On Techdoobie: How to find Phone Number Owner
I can’t delete my account.
This happens rarely and the one response for this we get from Tinder support is that it might temporary and you will be able to delete your account if you try after sometime.
But again, here is the simplest way to delete your tinder account permanently.
Login to the app with the FB or phone number associated with the account you’d like to delete > tap the profile icon at the top of the main screen > Settings > Delete Account.
Deleting your account will lose your messages, matches and other information.
If the app is expensive, you can even cancel their subscription:
I want to cancel my subscription.
The website give users freedom to cancel their subscription at any time.
Two of their popular subscription plans are:
- Tinder Plus or
- Tinder Gold subscription
Very Imp: If you delete your account the subscription will not be closed and you will still be charged so it’s better to cancel your plan first then the delete the app.
Here is how to do it?
How to cancel tinder subscription for iPhone/iOS:
- Go to your iOS settings
- Find and select iTunes & App Store
- Tap Apple ID (your Apple ID email)
- Tap View Apple ID
- Log in if it asks you to
- Scroll down to Subscriptions and tap Manage.
- Select Tinder and set the auto-renewal slider to Off or select Unsubscribe.
How to cancel tinder subscription for Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Using the left hand menu, select Account
- Go to Subscriptions and select Tinder
- Select Cancel or Unsubscribe
How to cancel tinder subscription for Tinder Online (Tinder for web/PC):
- Go to www.Tinder.com
- Tap the profile icon at the top of the main screen
- Go to Manage Account
- Either disable Auto Renew or select Cancel
Can I search for a specific person on Tinder?
The short answer for this is no! But, if you have matched with that person earlier then yes.
Here is a short video on How to delete tinder account permanently 2019
Learn New Tech Tricks Here.
Conclusion: We have tried to keep it simple and for the users looking to learn How To Delete Tinder Account Without App 2019. We would to hear from you all in the comment below.