The reasons can be numerous to download Indian Rupee font symbol. Whether it is for documents or websites, you may need the new Rupees symbol.
Why there is a need to download the new Rupee font symbol ?
The Reserve bank of India has launched the new currency symbol for Indian rupees, just like the way we have for dollar($). Earlier, we din’t had any symbol for rupees, it was mostly denoted by Rs. or rupees.
Now you must be wondering how to download then?
We have shared below all the easiest way available to download the Indian Rupees Font Symbol.
How to Download Indian Rupee Font Symbol?
Additionally, along with the steps on How to download Indian rupee font symbol, we have added information that you should know about Indian currency.
So, I’d suggest you to please go through the complete article to know more about the concepts like who designed this Rupee Font Symbol? Who approved it? Which year it was designed? Everything will be shared in the below article.
Below description also includes on when this symbol started supporting in the operating systems. How this Indian Rupee Font Symbol can be downloaded and installed? Everything is explained detailed.
Let us start with Indian Rupee Font Symbol bio. Before we start with the font of Indian rupee symbols, very few know who designed the Indian rupee symbol. So let’s start with history and then we share on from where you can download the font symbol and how to install in your systems.
The Indian rupee symbol ₹ presented to the public by the Government of India on 15 July 2010. The selection of the symbol is done through an open competition among the Indian residents. Uday Kumar is the person who designed the Indian Rupee Symbol.
Before the Indian rupee symbol adoption, we mainly use Rs, Re. The Indian rupee symbol was approved by Sushil Kumar who is the Ministry of Finance and Department of Economic Affairs of the Government of India.
Let’s start with the information about the operating systems that support this Indian rupee symbol.
Ubuntu is the Linux operating system which became the first operating system to support the Indian rupee symbol by default.
After that on 18 May 2011, Microsoft which is the Windows operating system and almost everyone using this OS has released an update KB2496898 to Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2operating systems to include support for this new Indian rupee symbol.
With this Windows update, it is now possible to use alt code text entry to obtain the Indian Rupee symbol the code is as follows – Alt+8377. As there are different versions of Windows released on systems running Windows 8, the symbol can be typed using the English (India) keyboard layout with the key combination Alt Gr+4.
Not only Linux and windows MAC OS also supporting. Mac OS is related to Apple. Apple Inc. has added support for the rupee symbol with iOS 7. Mac OS X Lion (10.7) also includes the new Indian rupee symbol and can be found in the Character Viewer.
The above information is the history of the Indian rupee symbol. Who designed and who approved and when it got support in operating systems. Now we are going to share on how to download the fonts and how to install in your systems so that you can use it in your daily life and it will be easy to use rather remembering the codes.
Steps To Download Indian Rupee Font Symbol (₹)
- Firstly you need to download the Rupee Font Symbol. To download that symbol please click on the below link
- Download Indian Rupee Font Symbol – DOWNLOAD
- From the above link, you’ll be able to download .Zip File.
- Once you download the file you need to extract it. For this, you need to use Winzip or any other extractor.
- After you extract there will be a file named ITFRupee.ttf file
- Just open that file by double-clicking. It will show an option Install Now. Just click on that then it will be installed in your system
- If you are using windows XP then copy the ITFRupee.ttf file in Start -> Control Panel -> Fonts -> Paste the ITFRuppe.ttf file here
- Now choose ITFRupees Font in MS word or any other application for Rupees Symbol. To Type Rupees Symbol press any key from A to T you will find many version of Rupees font.
The above information is complete description about on Indian Rupee Font Symbol.
To give you additional information on the Indian Rupee Font Symbol, the company who created the font is Foradian Technologies Pvt Ltd. This is the company who has created a font called Rupee_Foradian which is the Indian Rupee Font Symbol.
There is another way which is a bit different to install the Indian Rupee Font Symbol. Please check out the below steps and use which suits best for you.
- Download the rupee font symbol from beside link- DOWNLOAD Indian Rupee Font Symbol Rupee_Foradian
- Once you click on the link you can see a .zip file please unzip the file
- After that please navigate to Windows > Start > Control Panel > fonts
- You just need to copy the file which we unzip earlier and paste it that Indian rupee font symbol in the fonts folder
- After you paste that file please open your MS word and click insert symbol
- Browse for “Rupee Foradian” and you will find this rupee symbol that’s it.
Here is the handy video To Download Indian Rupee Font Symbol (₹)
These are the different steps than the earlier steps. If you guys feel these steps are easy then you can follow it. Let us know which steps help you best in using the Rupee Font Symbol. Stay tuned to this website for more latest and helpful information. We are also going to share updates on the latest technologies, application releases and updates.
You can find more information about the Rupees and its symbol from official website of Reserve bank of India.
You can bookmark techdoobie for more updates on technews.